Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cant update from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 or 3.0.4 (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=32734)

muzzab56 03-29-2016 01:31 PM

Cant update from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 or 3.0.4

4 Attachment(s)
I have previously requested assistance through email with this problem in October of last year when trying to update from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3. I then gave up on 3.0.3 update and have just tried to update with version 3.0.4 thinking the new update might work for me but the problem still persists. I am unable to install the version 3.0.3 or 3.0.4 due to a failure on the initial attempt as it did not recognize the .msi file. I have disabled my virus scanner and malware scanner but it still fails. I currently have 3.0.2 installed.

I have attached screen shots of my problem.

I have Windows 10 Pro which I believe your website says is able to run this program. Windows 10 downloads to the "Downloads" folder by default but your program looks in the temp folder which you can see in the screenshot. I browsed and pointed it to the Downloads folder but the message is saying it is "not a valid installation package".
I am still using my Toshiba Qosmio which is where all the previous version of Notation Composer have been installed. The only change has been an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.
Windows uninstaller is unable to remove version 3.0.2.
Getting ready to give up on this.

Thank you for your assistance.

Murray

Reinhold H. 03-29-2016 03:29 PM

Re: Cant update from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 or 3.0.4

Murray,

Sorry for any inconvenience. As we have not heard back from the October email we thought that all was OK.

All those fault message directly come from the Windows installer software. I never saw those fault messages before. Let's find the issues and fix it. More in a direct email. When all is clear I am going to post the outcome.

Reinhold

Reinhold H. 04-01-2016 09:14 AM

I did a remote session with Murray and the issue is fixed. The problem was that the installation in the Control Panel showed that 3.0.1 was installed but in fact it was 3.0.2. For the installation of 3.0.4 a former version automatically will be deinstalled. The issue was that from a Registry perspective a 3.0.1 had to be deinstalled but in fact it was not present anymore. I think this inconsistancy between installed version and actual version could be caused from the upgrade to Windows 10 where the Registration could be wrongly overridden. The Registry was manually fixed and the installation 3.0.4 went smoothly.

We will observe if such a situation may happen again. If someone may see similar pop up windows as from this post, please touch base with us though the helpdesk or by sending us an email to support@notation.com.

Reinhold

muzzab56 04-02-2016 02:32 PM

Thank you very much for your assistance Reinhold. All is working well now.

Murray