Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Playlist Problem (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=2822)

BernieA 09-25-2009 09:27 PM

Playlist Problem

I have never used this feature until now and have gotten pretty well up to speed except one thing.

I chose the folder where my playlist songs reside(Docs). I add the songs in a named playllist and all play : fine. I prepare to close it by going to #1 song and save that song. When I go back to that folder and open that song, I am asked for a list, New or the named one. Only the numbers are listed and they will not play sequentially. I have to delete the numbers and add the songs all over again. I saved the .ply folder in the same location, plus your default location. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks
Bernie

Sherry C 09-27-2009 01:11 AM

Re: Playlist Problem

Hi Bernie,

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieA (Post 12749)
I chose the folder where my playlist songs reside(Docs). I add the songs in a named playllist and all play : fine. I prepare to close it by going to #1 song and save that song. When I go back to that folder and open that song, I am asked for a list, New or the named one. Only the numbers are listed and they will not play sequentially. I have to delete the numbers and add the songs all over again. I saved the .ply folder in the same location, plus your default location.

A few questions so we can nail down what's going on (I hope ;) ):

1. When you save the song, are you saving it in the same folder as the original .mid file, or is it in a different folder?
  2. How exactly are you going "back to that folder and open that song"? (eg. using Windows Explore and double-clicking the song, using File/Open and navigating there, or ....?)
  3. Can you post a screen shot of Composer when you get to "Only the numbers are listed..."
  4. Do I correctly understand that you're saving two copies of the same playlist, in two different locations?
Thanks!
Sherry

BernieA 09-27-2009 10:24 AM

Hi Sherry
Your confusion was well founded. It forced me to think I was doing something minor to cause this. The answer is that I was numbering my songs like:
1. Amazing Grace
2. something Beautiful

I saw Mark's .ply ex coming up fine, so I erased all numbers. AHA, it works like a charm.

Composer has so many great features.

Thanks,
Bernie

Sherry C 09-27-2009 09:45 PM

Howdy Bernie,

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieA (Post 12775)
The answer is that I was numbering my songs like:
1. Amazing Grace
2. something Beautiful

Ah yes! That little "." in the filename will wreak a lot of havoc :) I'm glad you got it figured out.

If you want to number the filenames you should be able to number them like "1-Amazing Grace".

ttfn,
Sherry