View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Help Writing Repeats

I believe I understand what you are looking for. The attached file, Song01_Short_Revised.not, is a more clear way to represent what I refer to as your "roadmap", the Repeat Instructions. The included images show before and after the song.

The first 24 measures are played and repeated. The second time through this (my name Section A), you fall through to measure 25 (my name Section B) and play through to measure 32 to the D. C. al Coda (if you are not familiar with the Italian terms, this means Da Capo al Coda which translates to go to the "head" (Capo) of the piece (Section A). So, after measure 32 is played, the piece resumes at measure 1 and plays through measure 24, and then jumps to the Coda at measure 33.

See the two imbedded images below: 1) your song with the "roadmap" showing; and 2) the revised version with the "roadmap" showing. You issue the "qri" command in Composer to see your "roadmap".

I hope this helps. I also hope it doesn't sound like I am talking down to you by being so detailed. I tried to make the instructions free of ambiguity.

Ralph Rayner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Song01a.jpg (93.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Song01b.jpg (93.0 KB, 6 views)
Attached Files
File Type: not Song01_Short_Revised.not (39.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 01-03-2015 at 07:42 PM.