View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hi David and Lawrence,

Hi David and Lawrence,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The file in question is a type 1 track, but all of the voice assignments and panning, etc are place on one master track.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>David, this would be a new type of MIDI file data arrangement I'm not familiar with. I interpret the above statement to mean that the Master Track sends out MIDI program (patch) changes (and perhaps bank select changes?) to different MIDI channels. Each of the other tracks is assigned to a distinct channel. But those tracks strangely do not include in themselves their own MIDI patch changes? Is that what you're saying?

I've looked at the LG-JD.mid file that Lawrence sent to our helpdesk. Track 2 has about 30 SysEx events, but no MIDI program change events. Maybe the problem here is that the SysEx events are doing the job of sound changes but are not being sent by Musician to the MIDI device.

Lawrence, with your LG-JD.mid file, please try changing the channel assignment from Auto to some fixed channel number (1 to 16) and play the MIDI file. Does that fix the problem?

Cheers
-- Mark