View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 01:32 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Livestream of A Little Christmas Cheer

Hi friends,

As 2020 winds down (thank goodness), a couple of friends and I decided that since all the performances and get togethers that we would normally be participating in were being cancelled, that we wanted to gift our friends and families with a little Christmas cheer. So we put together some song sets and came up with A Little Christmas Cheer, and decided to put on 2 concerts with different set lists. We did the first one on Friday Dec. 4 at 6:30 p.m. our time (we are UTC/GMT -5) and will be doing our next one this coming Friday Dec. 18 at 6:30 pm as well (UTC -5).

The music that we are working from is mostly piano arrangements (the keyboard player needs the little black dots), so the drummer and I (bass) are ad libbing most of the songs. I was able to scan the piano sheets and use Neuratron Photoscore to get a MusicXML file that I then brought into Composer to create "short sheets" for the drummer and myself, with chord names and rhythm figures so that we didn't have a bazillion sheets of piano music, just the necessary measure counts, chord changes, and rhythm figures. I then exported audio files so we could practice at home when needed (the drummer had Covid and was quarantined at home a couple weeks before our first gig).

If you'd like to join us via livestream, you can go to https://tinyurl.com/y5xhzqou (you can also see the recording of the first concert as well). I'm attaching the flyer and the set lists that we played/are playing.

Enjoy!
Sherry

TentativeSetLists-ALittleChristmasCheer2020.pdf
A Little Christmas Cheer03.pdf