View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:15 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Short notes on same pitch second note not sounding

Sherry

Thanks as ever for your patient and helpful reply. I am still a novice when it comes to the mysteries of Piano Roll and appreciate your guidance. I have done a global edit to snap as-performed attack to as-notated. This nearly fixed the problem but having understood a little more about Piano Roll I then slightly reduced the duration of the 1/16 notes to give a clearer break before the 1/8 note when on the same pitch.

I don't think it is a bug in Notation Composer. This song has come from scanning and processing in Photoscore, which normally delivers a reasonable MIDI file but which I have noticed before does seem to have a problem with 1/16 (and shorter) notes. Photoscore had made a bit of a mess of this one, shifting some of the 1/16 notes into the next measure and putting them in the same position as the 1/8 note or omitting the 1/16 note completely. I have re-examined the MIDI file from Photoscore and indeed the attack of the misbehaving notes is 120 ticks early.

My conclusion is that it is a limitation or fault of Photoscore rather than a bug in Composer. I will add this global edit to my standard list of tidying Photoscore MIDI files which already includes a global edit to snap as-performed duration to as-notated which seems to eliminate most stuck notes.

Thanks again
Tim