Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Active User

Default Instrument definition (.ins file)

Hi!
through the many years I am using Notation Composer, I have always encountered some problems in setting the MIDI instrument definition. I have recently changed my keyboard to a Korg Pa4x. There is an .ins file available for this keyboard and it seems to work properly with Notation Composer, but sometimes (for unknown reasons) the sound names table seems to "disappear" and when I try to upload it again a message comes:
"This manifacturer device cannot be imported because there is already a device in your configuration with the same name ... and so and so ..."
Could somebody tell me STEP BY STEP what I have to do to solve the problem and, possibly, avoid the further disappearing of the sound table?

Thank you very much

Paolo
Torino - Italy