Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Active User

Default Triplet ?

Hello
I am a bit of a newbie,but have been having a lot of luck with NC.My method is composing via step input using a music keyboard.Once i get a song to suit me,i export it as a wave to track along side my live instruments. All is kept in time with click tracks on the live side ,to match the NC waves.
Any way i have had luck with 4/4 and 12/8 meter.This last song had a part that switched to a shuffle for 8 measures so i was going to tackle it with triplets ,or any other way to cut 4/4 into 3s.When i go for enter note as 1/4--1/8 etc. then select the triplet bar in the pallet i go to input. I then get a bar with a three across the complete measure.I can't see to come with 4 sets of triplets within a 4/4 measure.I am also'' going for'' a long -short swing duration ala the jazz type in the composer manual.I tried that pallet choice also,with same results.All i get is measure with a bar all the way across.Can any one tell me where i am going astray,
Thanks
Tom