Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Ian Douglas Graham (iandgraham)

Default forcing notation to as performed

First, an apology, because I suspect this will end up being answered by Sherry or Mark, not by a fellow-member of the Forum: I know the answer is in the User Guide, but the problem is finding it. I've been sitting here for half an hour, trying various terms in the search box, without yet finding what I want, although I have found the converse, and I can now express what I want in Composer language.

I have come in on the 'Combine notes into chords' entry. What I am looking up is the converse - separating out (in notation)notes which are currently shown staff-wise as simultaneous, but which the scroll highlight and my ear tell me are sounding sequentially.

Or, to put it another way, I want the notation to be 'as performed'.

And, just to be picky, I don't want to use the Piano Roll !

A few days ago I found a screen where I could set a duration/seaparation value whereby Composer would determine whether to treat adjacent notes as parts of a chord, or parts of a line. But can I find it again ? !

Finally, just the comment, that I do find this 'find it in the Guide' thing a recurrent problem - the info is almost always in there, but it can be very difficult to locate it by search. It's difficult to put a finger on why. I wonder if it might help if the index (or possibly the topic titles) were re-compiled by someone not involved in the actual design/programming of the software ?

Right, I'm done. And I do love Composer! Honest!

Ian G.