Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Repeat Measure Symbol

I have expanded a little on David's suggestion (I like the % also, but not as much). I hid the rest and created the three Free Text objects for the period, slash, period, individually (for precise positioning); selected them as a group by swiping across all three; entered Ctrl+ six times to get the correct proportional size and made the characters bold; positioned each object relative to the other two; again, swiped all three as a group and made the final adjustments within the measure. Below is my future usage of the Repeat Symbol (until something better comes along ).

I have also included my Repeat Symbol.not file that I will use for copy/paste operations. I have created both a treble clef and bass clef version, so I won't have to change the clef in my target after pasting. I will probably be using the bass clef version most of the time.

Ralph

P. S. Where I have long sections of repeat measures, I will probably put the measure number over every fourth measure to make it easier for the drummer to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drum Part3.jpg (13.8 KB, 10 views)
Attached Files
File Type: not Repeat Symbol.not (2.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 02-14-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Modified the appearance of the symbol a little bit in the file