Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Senior User

Default Windows 10 and Notation Player

I have read the "sticky" thread on Windows 10 and am now slightly confused. The thread suggests that the new approach to sound generation is working in a test version of Notation Player, yet previously in the thread it suggests that the fix will be in a 3.0.3 version of Composer and Musician by the end of October but that a fix for Player will follow "later", which seems a bit illogical if the new approach is being demonstrated in Player now.

I am asking because we have some new members of our choir and whilst I encourage them to purchase Musician some of them do not consider it necessary and so use Player - and some have new computers with Windows 10 pre-installed.

So at present I am not sure precisely what mesage to give to them. Should I say -
- forget about using Player until 2016 if you are on Windows 10
- look for a complicated technical fix using an alternative audio driver
- hang on for a few weeks and a fixed Player will be available.

Thanks
Tim