Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Senior User

Default Finding stuck notes in MIDI imports

Sherry

It's that time of year again when I am importing a whole lot of choral scores to make into practice files for our choir. My process is to scan them into Photoscore which does a reasonable recognition job and exports them as MIDI I then load the MIDI files into Composer to tidy up and make the emphasised files that we need.

However some, but by no means all of the MIDI files have a whole lot of stuck notes which makes them useless. I know I can turn off playing stuck notes but what I need to do is to find them, delete the notes in the measure containing the stuck note and then re-enter them. This normally clears it up.

But it is a very laborious task to go slowly through each staff, listening out for any stuck notes, working out which measure to re-input, making the correction and then finding the next one.

Do you know of any diagnostic tool that I might be able to use to locate stuck notes? Presumably I might have to do this in the MIDI file before opening in Composer.

As an example I am attaching one file which is driving me mad at the moment. I have already spent several hours on it and still keep finding more stuck notes. I am attaching the MIDI and the current state of the Notation file. There are lots of stuck notes starting around measure 110.

Any suggestions to restore my sanity would be gratefully received.
Best wishes
Tim
Attached Files
File Type: mid Half a sixpence Henek.mid (35.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: not Half a sixpence Henek.not (447.5 KB, 2 views)