Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2024, 02:20 PM
Senior User

Default Playback cursor and 8 time signature

Hi Sherry

Long time no speak. I have recently come across a peculiarity which I guess is not a bug but just a restriction. I have been trying to learn a new vocal piece which is in 4/8 time - "Passing By" - file attached.

I find the playback cursor vertical line very helpful in cueing me in when learning a new piece - but in this case the vertical bar only moves on each new measure, not on each new beat. The notes are still highlit correctly as the piece plays.

So I changed the time signature to 2/4 (fortunately the composer is no longer alive!) and the vertical bar moves as I would expect, on each beat. I also experimented with 4/4 and C time signatures.

My conclusion is that the playback cursor does not work correctly for time signatures based on quavers, only for those based on crochets. I haven't experimented with any more complex (os simpler) time signatures.

Do you agree with my conclusions?

Hope you are keeping well and looking forward to a year of election frenzy

Best wishes
Tim
Attached Files
File Type: not Passing By.not (99.2 KB, 2 views)