Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Share news about music (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2585)
-   -   Vika Yermolyeva supports Notation Software (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=34106)

Reinhold H. 04-22-2017 11:44 AM

Vika Yermolyeva supports Notation Software

We are pleased to announce that Vika Yermolyeva supports Notation Software. Vika is an excellent artist on the piano for classical and modern music. Her YouTube videos are famous and meanwhile her videos have been called more than 90 million (!) times. More than 500 000 YouTube users subscribed to her videos. She is a real YouTube star and her live gigs are phenomenal. Vika's speciality is to create piano arrangements of popular classical and modern songs at the highest musical level. All her arrangements were made with Notation Composer. Vika is a customer of Notation Software for many years.

Here are a few examples of her arrangements where you see how excellent the arrangements are and how brilliant Vika plays piano:

Eagles - Hotel California (not available in US)

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine

The Doors - Riders On The Storm

playing Metallica - Master of Puppets in Zurich, February 19 2011

More can be found on Vika's YouTube page or on her website vkgoeswild

Near term we plan a video tutorial where Vika will show how she uses Notation Composer for her arrangements.

This is one of those example where we at Notation Software have real fun supporting musicians in their day-to-day work.

Reinhold

rrayner 04-23-2017 03:23 PM

Re: Vika Yermolyeva supports Notation Software

Being curious, I tried the link to "Hotel California". You Tube initiated and gave me the following error message:

This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that.

I am in the U. S. of A.

Ralph Rayner

Reinhold H. 04-24-2017 09:15 AM

Yes, looks like UMPG Publishing does not have an agreement with Google for "Hotel California" in the US. But the other 3 videos work nicely in the US.

For the video of "Hotel California" configuring the browser through a German proxy will work in the US. A German proxy can be found here.

In Germany there was a long battle of YouTube/Google with the GEMA (which acts on behalf of all publisher's rights) but last year they finally found an agreement.

Reinhold

rrayner 04-24-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhold H. (Post 68452)
For the video of "Hotel California" configuring the browser through a German proxy will work in the US. Reinhold

Hi Reinhold,

I know it is not your job to teach your respondents how to use the internet, but I don't understand what "configuring the browser through a German proxy" means. I went to the link, and I don't see anything on that page that would take me to your "Hotel California" link. I wouldn't waste your time by raising this point, except I figure I wouldn't be the only one to not understand your directions, but please, this is not a high priority.

Ralph Rayner

Reinhold H. 04-28-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrayner (Post 68453)
Hi Reinhold,

I know it is not your job to teach your respondents how to use the internet, but I don't understand what "configuring the browser through a German proxy" means.

This is really something for experienced users. Btw. there is a very nice explanation about a proxy on Wikipedia. Please see here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrayner (Post 68453)
I went to the link, and I don't see anything on that page that would take me to your "Hotel California" link. I wouldn't waste your time by raising this point, except I figure I wouldn't be the only one to not understand your directions, but please, this is not a high priority.

Ralph Rayner

My comment to go with a German proxy should be just for those who are very familar with doing things like that and would like to absolutely listen to Vika's great arrangement of "Hotel California" for piano.

Reinhold

MartinTed 11-30-2017 08:38 AM

Vika is amazing. I love her channel. Glad to hear she supports Notation Software.

flyingtadpole 06-13-2020 01:54 PM

it's been a rocky few years since the opera catastrophes and I'm way behind in catching up. Thanks for the info on Vika, I'm really impressed!