Thread: Chord Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Chord Problem

Hi Toni,

I'm glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by toktiny View Post
I realise now that there is only so much creativity you should expect from any computer program and adding the chords to a melody with limited information being fed in is asking a lot, I now see why the added human touch is necessary. It requires just to try and feed in as much additional help as possible in order for the program to provide the best result and this I accept.
You're absolutely right - there are so many styles of music as well as so many personal interpretations of how it should sound, that the best we can do is offer the tools and tips for getting the chords the way you want them
Quote:
Now I follow everything exactly as you direct but when I get to actually recording that is when the Metronome starts off with its opening two starting beats and then I press the first note on the keyboard, about 50 or 60 new measures appear on the sheet (which I never asked) for and it then starts showing the recorded message for the notes way down on the last measure that has appeared and continues doing this as long as I keep pressing keys, if I stop it will go back to the to the beginning of the sheet wherever the Metronome was meant to be and then if I press more keys it will add more measures on to the sheet and record again further down the sheet !!!
That sounds suspiciously like a bug that was fixed some time ago. The problem at that time was that there were tempo changes within the file. Please try creating a new file and "live recording" into that. Does the problem show up there as well? If not, please send along a copy of the file that is showing up the problem (either here or to me at support@notation.com) and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks!
Sherry