View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 02:10 PM

Default Re: how to get both treble and bass clefs?

Hi Sherry!

You are correct I tried an audio to MIDI conversion. So are you saying that all audio to MIDI conversions will be highly inaccurate?

So what I like to do is learn tunes that have been recorded by great players. I have done this dozens of times. I have been using Anthem/Muse, which is highly inaccurate but serves as a starting point and then I improve accuracy with Transcribe. I am not interested in tempo, I just want accurate pitch with notes separated on the staff, I learn the tune by playing along with the recording.

I decided to try Melodyne (trial version)/Notation Player to see if the initial audio conversion accuracy could be improved, but based on the results (in the attachment in the original message) Melodyne was not better than Anthem, even if I could split hands. If you know a better way to do this I am all ears! I spend a lot of time transcribing tunes (I'm retired).

I suspect the reason I can't split hands is because I am using the wrong Notation product (Player instead of composer). Unless I can find a more accurate audio to MIDI program, I don't think Notation can help me. But I sincerely appreciate the response.

Regards