View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy George, For the repea

Howdy George,

For the repeats playing properly in some cases and not in others.
I'm honestly not sure why the "add an extra measure to the front or end" seems to work - that's probably answered by looking at the actual program code, and I'm not the one who does that

I just went back and re-did the first file you'd posted above, simply removing the repeats and endings, and adding them back after adding a measure to the end of the piece. The performance worked the way it was supposed to (I had edited the Repetition Table because I was looking at the previous task/bug report for similarities to your file.) So, until we get the bug fully fixed, simply adding a blank measure to the end of your file is the first thing to try if playback is incorrect.

The "missing note" for the Swallow Tail Jig piece is because for the original .mid file, the "note on" event actually anticipates the notation by just a tad, which actually puts the performance of that note as starting in the previous measure.

What this means is that when Composer jumps to the second ending, it "misses" that note-on, and thus doesn't play the note. This is a known problem which we're working to fix. In the meantime, you can fix these manually by:

1. Click "Piano Roll", and have either of the "Edit both" or "Edit performance" buttons "on."
2. Click on the note that has the pre-barline beginning
3. Click the "Snap as-performed attack to as-notated" tool button.

Now Composer will properly play the note because the note will start at the beginning of the measure, rather than "anticipating" it.

ttfn,
Sherry