Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Active User

Default Midi clocks

Hello all,

I am having trouble with synchronizing composer (master) with an external sequencer (slave).

I have connected the PC to the external hardware sequencer (Yamaha QY100) using a usb midi interface (Yamaha UX16). The drivers of the interface are installed and Notation composer is now using QY100 voices for playback (playback works great).

My problem is that when I set the QY100 as Composer's slave, composer is not sending midi clock messages: i.e when the playback in composer moves from measure 1 to 2, composer is not instructing QY100 to move from measure 1 to 2 so all recorded notes in QY100 are placed in Measure 1 beat 1.

There are only 3 settings for this available on QY:
- Midi Sync is set to external meaning QY100 is controlled by external midi device (composer)
- Midi control is set to IN.
- Echo back is off as there is no Midi Thru in the setup.

If any body has experience with using Composer together with an external hardware midi recorder/sequencer, could you please share your experience and how this problem of mine can be resolved?

Many thanks,
Nima