Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 03:49 PM

Default I Think I Love You Duet

"I Think I Love You" was written in 1970 by Tony Romeo.

Cynthia and I would like to dedicate this arrangement to the memory of David Cassidy, who passed away November 21, 2017. David was a member of the cast for the popular TV series, "The Partridge Family", starring as Keith Partridge. "I Think I Love You" became a hit for David. We have always enjoyed listening to and singing the song and thought it would make a good duet.

The Soprano part is pretty much the way David sings the song, with the exception of the intro and measures 28 and 29, where I've added the background from the recording in that area. There are a lot of sixteenth notes, but they are mostly repeated notes, so it's more a tonguing exercise than a fingering exercise.

If you like to play along with Composer on your PC in Windows View instead of printing off the score like we do, you might want to delete the Page Break that falls at measure 21. On my PC, measures 19 and 20 are all stretched out on the third stave. But, deleting this Page Break will make Page View much more crowded on Page 1. You can have it both ways of course, by deleting the Page Break for Windows View, but closing without saving; then opening the score again for Page View.

This score went to three printed pages, which is something I try to avoid, as Cynthia and I print out the score for our playing sessions. Minor variances in the lyrics forced me to not be able to use repeats, which might have held the score to two pages.

If you would like to see the lyrics or the chords, you can use Composer commands to display them: for lyrics use qsl; for chords use qscn. Seeing the lyrics can give you a better sense of the need for the sixteenth notes.

We hope you enjoy this song as much as we do.

Ralph R. Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not I Think I Love You.not (88.7 KB, 2 views)