Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2018, 09:42 PM

Default Anchor Movement

This is a little nit, but it would be nice to have all anchored objects moveable via the arrow keys. Moving the anchors of objects from the Segno pallette are some that I'm referring to, like segno and coda, etc. But the one that is really tedious to move by dragging the cursor is a long dotted line from the lines tab. It is very difficult to move the anchor on the right end and make the dotted line truly horizontal - the longer the line is, the harder it is to align.

I do have a workaround for the dotted line - where I want the dotted line to be, I start with a solid line, which is a lot easier to align, even though the same hand-eye coordination is required. After I have the solid line horizontal, I can easily change it to a dotted line.

It's probably really difficult to implement, or Mark would have built it in, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Ralph Rayner