Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2015, 01:28 AM
Active User

Smile Thank you and new stuff.

Just wanted to give a BIG thank you to the person who last helped me get a song completed with repeats and stuff using the edit repetition instruction thing. I tried it on my own with another old song I had written with GREAT success. Anyway I wanted to share an older song of mine that has been needing a MAJOR overhaul. I'm am determined to do this my self, and do not want any help. That being said, I thought I would share the piece with you all because it is really cool. It's 8 pages long as originally written, and want to get it down to as few pages as possible for framing on my wall (that's how special this piece is to me). I know I have a major undertaking (you'll see why) to do, but I wanted to share this project with you and will show you the finished product when done. I hope you enjoy the piece as played, and originally written.

*Well I did it! I condensed 7 pages down to five. I'm not sure if I can condense any further, I haven't checked; but if I do that will only take 2 seconds. I have ONE problem though and that's the ending. It is supposed to be written in 3/4 time but my stupid piano recorded the original score down as 4/4. Everything was easy, all except that last part. I really wanted to do this myself, but as it turned out I couldn't. I did everything I set out to do, so that's good. But the end needs transcribed so it is easier to read and play (I think). I'm adding the semi finished product, and the ending by it's self to see if anybody has any suggestions. The ending btw, was accidental, and so it stuck. It works; but I could never play it again if I tried.*

*On a side note courtesy of Sherry C. I have made an unknown error; due to no fault of my own; in posting an mp3 that was too large. Thank you for the PM Sherry. It has been removed, and hope that everyone will use this link instead: https://soundcloud.com/james-rimmer-...ntment-of-chet *
Attached Files
File Type: not The Disenchantment of Chet SandbergII.not (262.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by lavajunkie; 02-24-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Score Update