Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Senior User

Default Software amplification for choir practice files

First let me state that I have very limited understanding of MIDI technology so apologise if this is a dumb question.
I have been using Notation Composer for several years now and one of the main uses is to create practice files for our SATB choir: I create sets of files with each voice emphasised so that choir members can sit at home and practice their parts using Notation Player, allowing them to follow the score as they sing their part.
Occasionally I find that the files ends up being too quiet and if you turn the Notation volume to maximum you actually lose the emphasis of a part, despite having set the target staff to a high volume compared to the other staves: it seems to all wash in together.
I fully appreciate that if you connect your laptop to an external amplifier then you can crank up the volume - but if you want to just use your laptop standalone or don't have an external amplifier that is not an option: I have 40 members in the choir and they have a wide range of facilities and technical competences.
I have read on the internet about software amplifers but these all seem to relate to amplifying audio "files": I want to amplify the "live" output from Notation so that choir members can stop and start pieces from the onscreen score.
I do have "Loop Be" installed though I have to admit that I have forgotten why........... and it is not currently configured as my MIDI output device.
Grateful for what I might really need to suggest to my members.
Thanks
Tim Marriott