Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 PM

Default Notation Software that allows sample variation on the same score line

Hi there, I like to see if Sibelius allows using a staccato sample (as opposed to the default main instrument sample) on the same score lines af the main sample. Basically if it allows me to use variation of recorded samples (different other samples) on the same lines rather than creating a different score line for staccato samples. As you know staccato notes are not just short duration but has a different quality (flute staccato has more breath, piano staccato has more wood, string staccato has more friction sound, etc.). A lot of sample banks have different samples dedicated to the recorded variations: staccato notes, trill notes, detache notes, accent notes, etc. for different instruments. It doesn't make sense to move to another score line just for a few occasional variations of above different samples, and it is a waste of money and effort they put to create different samples with different tonal qualities if I'm going to stick to the main sample and just make it shorter to sound like staccato, or increasing the velocity to sound like accented note, etc. I appreciate your feedback.