Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Active User

Default Re: Chord Builder to score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
As I understand it, you only want to hear the chords that are named as the file plays. You don't want the chord notes to actually be present in the score (which is what TerryL had original asked about), but just to hear the chords played along with the file, sort of like an auditioning listen?
Sherry, if you re-read Terry's original post, he basically wanted the same, IMO:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryL View Post
in such a way that it would play when I am playing the score from the top
Playing accordeon by myself, I ran into the same problem as Terry did. And as Composer did not playback the chords, like him (and like you) I searched for a workaround which is placing the chords as notes (not names) into a second voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Where would you expect to see the "toggle on/off" for such a feature? I'm asking (and anyone else can please feel free to join the conversation) because there are a lot of folks that would not want to hear any additional chord notes that are not in the score itself as a file plays, and so there would need to be some sort of toggle switch somewhere.
I think that most who use chord names would prefer to hear the chords play. In fact these are notes that ARE in the score, only abreviated. Anyway, a toggle would not hurt. Put it into the Perform menu, into the Select play-along sound, or into the Staff options - wherever you like ;-) Susanne