Develop your Musical Improvisation Skills!
Use MIDI files and Notation Musician to improve your musical improvisation skills
Did you know that you can take any MIDI file (and there are hundreds of thousands on the Internet) and create files that will help you develop your musical improvisation skills?
Use Notation Musician to find the style of song - or a particular song -
you want to learn to improvise around, download the MIDI, and open it up (or use your favorite browser and search engine to look for the song you want plus "MIDI".). Musician transcribes the MIDI into excellent music notation for you to study. Then, simply
use the "Mute" button for the staff that you want to play "live", and let Musician provide the accompaniment while you play your own instrument.
Using Musician you can:
- Jam with the band - Musician plays all the other instruments so you can practice
your instrument any time.
- Transcribe the chord names in the song so you can "follow the changes" and
practice improvising over them.
- Transpose the song to the key you want to play.
- Rearrange the piece to suit your abilities.
- Add annotations such as rehearsal marks, playing directions and special symbols.
- Change instrument sounds for different parts to reflect your group or band,
and enhance your practice.
- Set up practice loops, where you set the number of loops, the tempo, and
other options to help you quickly gain confidence in your improvisational skills.
- Practice a cadenza, by simply hitting the Space bar on your computer keyboard
to stop and start the accompaniment. Or, if you're using a MIDI capable instrument,
use the special "Pitch to command" feature to designate a key with which to stop
and start the accompaniment.
- Print high quality sheet music or a simple lead sheet of your song
for playing in other venues.
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS
Receive an e-mail when we have exciting news around Notation Software's products.
Here you can unregister at any time.
notation musician and notation composer create the best notation scores from MIDI files.
You can play along with "the band" at your convenience.
With notation composer, you can also customize the sheet music to add your own special flavor to a song.
With notation musician you can print sheet music for yourself and print parts for members of your vocal or instrumental group.
notation composer adds the ability to rearrange the music and have complete control over the sound of every note.
Song Writers and Composers
Use notation composer to create music from scratch, so you can focus on making music instead of drawing notation.
You can create sheet music with your MIDI instrument, mouse, or computer keyboard. Editing notation is a breeze, too.