Why does the Musician (or Composer) installation program fail?
Some common problems that might prevent the installation program from working are:
1. Anti-virus program might intervene. Try temporarily disabling it while installing Notation products.
2. Anti-spyware program might intervene. Try temporarily disabling it while installing Notation products.
3. Your PC has to meet the system requirements. Please see the system requirements at https://www.notation.com/SystemRequirements.php
Please also check the network card requirements.
4. If you were running the trial version of Musician or Composer right before installing the full version, the trial version might still have been incorrectly "half" running on your system. That would disrupt the setup program. Since this might be the explanation, try restarting Windows before attempting to run the setup again.
5. The installation program might not work unless you install as an administrator on your Windows system. If you're not familiar with the difference between administrators and non-administrator users on Windows, then this is very likely not the explanation, because then you are very likely the administrator of your personal Windows machine. However, if you are familiar with the difference, then make sure you are logged on as administrator when you install your Notation product.
6. The downloaded installation file was corrupted. Please try downloading the file again. If you have any problems, contact us at https://www.notation.com/KB_Communication.php